LITTER IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM
KIB's Great Indy Cleanup (GIC) is an anti-litter, community empowering program in partnership with the City of Indianapolis. We provide resources to people who want to lead the charge against heavy litter, illegal dumping, and debris in the public spaces in their neighborhood. The best part? GIC encourages people to work together. By coordinating a community cleanup, you can make a visible difference and inspire your neighbors to make a difference too!
DO YOUR ACTIONS MATTER? YES. THEY. DO.
3.98 million pounds. That is the amount of litter collected from Indianapolis streets over the past two years, by people like you. That's 187 pounds per GIC volunteer. So, yes, your actions matter a lot. Everyone at KIB sincerely appreciates all you do!
You bring the helping hands, and we will provide a dumpster, trash bags, and gloves! Dumpsters are available for community cleanups every weekend from April through October. Fill out an application online, give us a call, or stop by the office.
If you would like help coordinating your cleanup or have questions, please contact Gerardo Ruiz Tovar, Adopt-A-Block & Great Indy Cleanup Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 317-264-7555 x130.
Note: The resources for this program, including the disposal of the collected trash, are donated. These resources are NOT to be used for personal trash or yard waste. Please help us reserve these donations for communities in need!
WHAT KIB PROVIDES
- Cleanup supplies: Trash bags and gloves (additional supplies available in April!)
- A dumpster: In partnership with the City of Indianapolis and through a generous donation from South Side Landfill, KIB is able to provide dumpsters for your community cleanup. During April, city trash trucks are also available.
Media resources: Need flyers? Social media posts? KIB's logo? We created a media guide to help you publicize your event.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- The desire to make a difference in your neighborhood: You provide the labor, we provide the resources to make you successful!
- The completed request form: You can request two cleanups per year, April through October.
- Your voice: Let your neighbors know about the resources available for cleanups through Keep Indianapolis Beautiful. Share your cleanup photos on our Facebook page!
We work with two Indy communities every year to highlight their cleanup efforts and lend extra support for beautification. These events take place in April and October.
Through a community-led process, our staff helps residents, volunteers, and community stakeholders organize a large cleanup. Our goal is to make the biggest impact possible and inspire others in Indianapolis to organize their own cleanups.
Apply to become a Focus Neighborhood
Applications for our 2020 Focus Neighborhoods are now open! Please submit applications by October 4, 2019.
ADDITIONAL CLEANUP RESOURCES
Indianapolis Public Library branches have cleanup kits available! Stop by your local library to get gloves and trash bags for a cleanup today.
Be sure to visit our Community Resources page to learn about additional resource available to neighbors all over Indy. Check out our other resources specifically for community cleanups below: