LET'S WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP INDIANAPOLIS LITTER FREE!
The Cigarette Litter Prevention Program, now in its 21st year, is the nation’s largest program aimed at reducing cigarette litter.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In the 2020 Keep America Beautiful National Litter Study, 9 out of 10 littered items counted were 4″ and less, with cigarette butts being the number one littered item in this category, accounting for 9.7 billion butts counted on any given day in the United States.
- Communities implementing a Cigarette Litter Prevention Program consistently reduce cigarette litter by half based on local measurements taken in the first four to six months after the program is implemented.
- Since its inception, the program has been implemented in more than 1,800 U.S. communities.
- Do you know that cigarette butts can also be recycled? It’s true! Click here to find out how: https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/cigarette-waste-recycling
GET THE FACTS
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Adopt your block to keep it free of butts and litter as an Adopt-A-Block Captain
- Put a cigarette butt receptacle outside your business
- Bin Your Butts!