EVERY LITTER BIT HELPS VIDEO CONTEST
Video Submission Information
Did you know littering in Indy is against the law? Help spread the message by creating a :30 anti-litter Public Service Announcement. IMPD, in partnership with Eli Lilly and Company, the Indianapolis Colts, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, and Endangered Species Chocolate, invites all Marion County high schools to compete in the Every Litter Bit Helps video challenge.
Your video could be shown on the big screen at a Colt's home game, win you a year's worth of chocolate, and money for your school; not to mention help spread awareness about the impact litter has on our city!
All submissions must be :30 in length. The campaign’s goal is to reduce the amount of litter throughout the city and prevent future generations from littering. Entries will be judged on creativity and ability to effectively explain how to reduce and discourage littering, and the impact it has on our waterways. Additionally, IMPD will increase enforcement of the anti-littering law. If caught in the act of littering, residents may receive a warning or be fined.
A panel of judges will choose first, second, and third place winners from all submissions.
Acceptable tape formats include: BetaSP and DVCProHD. If sending a file - a high quality MP4 or MOV (ProRes, H.264).
- Grand Prize Winner: Video played at Dec. 9 Colts Game; 20 tickets to Dec. 9 Colts game for team members; $1,000 for your school; Free chocolate for team members each month for one year.
- 2nd Place: $600 for your school; Free chocolate for team members each month for one year.
- 3rd Place: $400 for your school; Free chocolate for team members each month for one year.
- Video Entries Due: November 9, 2012
- Video Judging: November 14, 2012
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful: www.kibi.org/great_indy_cleanup
Keep America Beautiful: www.kab.org/site/PageServer?pagename=focus_litter_prevention
Clear Choices, Clean Water: www.clearchoicescleanwater.org
Reconnecting to Our Waterways: www.reconnectingtoourwaterways.org
Congrats to Our Winners!
Thank you for entering the 2012 “Every Litter Bit Helps” High School Video Contest! We received several creative and thoughtful videos that took very different approaches to educating the public about littering.
The top three winners were selected by the Reconnecting to Our Waterways (ROW) Steering Committee, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department and Eli Lilly and Company:
First Place: “Hyper Fan” by Decatur Central High School
- Grand Prize: 20 tickets to the December 9, 2012, Indianapolis Colts game vs. Miami Dolphins and video shown at the game.
- Additional prizes: $1,000 from Lilly for school audio-visual department and free Endangered Species chocolate for team members every month for one year.
Second Place: “Every Litter Bit Helps” by Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School
- Prizes: $600 from Lilly for school audio-visual department and free Endangered Species chocolate for team members every month for one year.
Third Place: “Keep Indianapolis Beautiful” by International School of Indiana
- Prizes: $400 from Lilly for school audio-visual department and free Endangered Species chocolate for team members every month for one year.
Thank you to everyone for participating! Use the videos in your school to continue educating our community about littering so that we can KEEP INDIANAPOLIS BEAUTIFUL!