KEEP INDIANAPOLIS BEAUTIFUL UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
In an effort to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our volunteers, we remain in ongoing communication with the Marion County Public Health Department regarding the spread of the flu, common cold, COVID-19, and other epidemics. To date, the Marion County Public Health Department has not recommended canceling any KIB events.
To help protect volunteers from the spread of COVID-19 or any other illness, we strongly encourage all volunteers who are not feeling well to stay home and not attend a KIB volunteer project until symptoms have subsided. Please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
The Center for Disease Control and Marion County Health Department also recommend the following:
- Avoid close contact including handshakes, high-fives, etc. with fellow event attendees.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Volunteers are encouraged to bring disposable wipes or personal hand sanitizers for their own use.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
As conditions develop, we will update our response and inform registered volunteers accordingly.
Thank you for volunteering your time and ensuring everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.