FedEx Cares Teams Up with KIB
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
FedEx Cares and Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Team Up in Community Habitat Restoration
Fall Creek Trail to be cleared of invasive plants on Monday with the help of FedEx volunteers
INDIANAPOLIS – (April 12, 2018) Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) will lead a volunteer day with FedEx team members on invasive plant removal and habitat restoration along the Fall Creek Waterway. Work will take place from 9:00 a.m. to noon on Fall Creek Trail south of the GreenSpace at Millersville Preserve. The project is part of a grant sponsored by FedEx through the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) to address pressing urban environmental challenges. KIB was one of 17 grantees selected from across the country to receive FedEx funding in 2017. Approximately 100 FedEx volunteers will carry out the project, which will leverage community-based habitat restoration efforts within the Fall Creek watershed area. Urban landscapes free of invasive species provide native plants and wildlife the space the need to grow and thrive.
- WHEN: Monday, April 16 | 9 am - noon
- WHERE: 5400 E. Fall Creek Parkway N. Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46226
- SPOKESPEOPLE: FedEx team member volunteers, and KIB representatives
- VISUALS: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful and FedEx volunteers engaging with the Millersville neighborhood to remove invasive plant species such as Asian Bush Honeysuckle, Asian Mulberry, and Tree-of-Heaven; located near KIB’s 2016 IPL Project GreenSpace at Millersville Preserve
- BACKGROUND: Over the past nine years, FedEx has helped support more than 135 NFWF projects across the country. Projects take place mid-March through mid-June and include tree planting, removal of invasive species, and cleanups along various waterways. These projects are part of FedEx Cares, the company’s new global giving platform where FedEx will invest $200 million in more than 200 global communities by 2020 to create opportunities and deliver positive change around the world.
FedEx will be providing grant support for restoration work within the Fall Creek watershed through the NFWF Five Star and Urban Waters program, leveraging matching funds from local sources to benefit the nearby neighborhoods. Through this project, FedEx volunteers will support their commitment to serving Indianapolis and making local communities cleaner and healthier places to live.
About Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB)
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization with a mission to engage diverse communities to create vibrant public places, helping people and nature thrive. Annually, KIB works with nearly 20,000 volunteers on nearly 900 community projects. To learn more, visit www.kibi.org, or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at @kibiorg.