Keep Indianapolis Beautiful kicks off the Great Indy Cleanup with 4 weekends of community involvement
Ashley Haynes, Director of Marketing
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful kicks off the Great Indy Cleanup with 4 weekends of community involvement.
KIB and City partner with thousands of Indy residents to pick up litter and beautify communities
INDIANAPOLIS – (April 5, 2019) Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB), in partnership with the City of Indianapolis, will kick-off the Great Indy Cleanup on April 6 in neighborhoods all across Indianapolis. Large cleanups are planned throughout the city in four different quadrants aimed to achieve a more connected and healthy city through neighborhood-driven greening initiatives.
KIB and the Mayor's Office of Business and Neighborhood Services, with support from the Department of Public Works, are coordinating with neighborhood associations and groups across the city to organize cleanup efforts during the month of April and continuing through October.
2019 Great Indy Cleanup Weekend Quadrants (see map attachment for reference only)
- April 6: South/Southwest
- Examples of participating neighborhoods: Garfield Park, Bates-Hendricks (https://www.facebook.com/events/637818300002191/), Fletcher Place (https://www.facebook.com/events/287490002179447/), Old Southside
- April 13: Westside, Downtown, north up to Fall Creek
- Examples of participating neighborhoods: Herron Morton Place, The Valley, Haughville, Kennedy King, Speedway, White River Cleanup
- April 20: North/Northeast
- Examples of participating neighborhoods: Watson Park, Butler Tarkington, Millersville at Fall Creek, Meridian Kessler, Nora
- April 27: Eastside
- Examples of participating neighborhoods: My Christian Park, Brookside, Little Flower, Woodruff Place, Warren, CAFE
A large-scale beautification day is planned for April 27 in the My Christian Park neighborhood, with KIB leading more than 400 volunteers, to care for the area surrounding Christian Park. Volunteers can register at www.kibi.org/projects.
The Great Indy Cleanup is made possible by generous donations from the City of Indianapolis, Kroger, Republic Services, South Side Landfill, and Clif Bar Baking Company. For more information on KIB’s efforts to beautify the city, or to organize a cleanup, please visit at www.greatindycleanup.com.
About Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB)
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization with a mission to engage diverse communities to create vibrant public places, helping people and nature thrive. Annually, KIB works with nearly 20,000 volunteers on nearly 900 community projects. To learn more, visit www.kibi.org or follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @kibiorg.