Learn about Litter
In 2018, KIB picked up 1.2 million pounds of litter. Learning about how litter harms our environment and getting outside to help clean up your neighborhood is a great way to be involved with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful.
Follow our Learn, Explore, Act Model to start making a difference!
- Start taking the little steps that make a big impact in reducing litter in our city. Learn more with the A Little Love Stops Litter Campaign.
- Safely pick up litter around your neighborhood! Need supplies? Adopt your Block!
- Take a picture of your litter and send it to us. Also be sure to upload your photo to the KAB DoBeautifulThings website.
- Want to volunteer for our next Great Indy Cleanup or Plogging event? Join our newsletter!
REDUCE AND REUSE ACTIVITY
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works is challenging us to reduce, reuse and recycle! Let’s answer the challenge by finding ways to REUSE and REPURPOSE items in our homes!
You can also print out the KIB Reuse Activity Guide, but you have to at least make a paper airplane out of it when you're finished.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Items at home that you are ready to throw away or recycle.
HERE ARE THE STEPS:
- Challenge yourself and/or your family to use EVERYTHING at least twice before you throw it away. For example, a salsa jar (use #1) can be washed out and used to hold water for a water color painting (use #2).
- Turn that trash or recyclable item into something new! This could be anything from an art project to a garden tool.
- Share your creative ideas on social media and tag @kibiorg!