Looking for Helpers because #everylitterbit makes a difference
Hey Indy, we've all been cooped up for days with our usual activities have been postponed or canceled. eLearning and Zoom meetings are the name of the game for most of us, for a while. We're worried about our families, neighbors, friends, those in the health & service industries, and members of our community we've never met. If you're like us, you want to feel productive ... you want something to do to HELP. Well, the KIB staff have a challenge for you: let's get the public spaces in our city cleaner than they've ever been.
Friday, March 20 until the KIB offices reopen
How to participate
- Grab a grocery or trash bag, your gloves, and a litter grabber (if you have one!).
- Head outside in your neighborhood, park, or other spot nearby where litter needs to be picked up*
- Pick up and bag any litter you find.
- Take a picture of the bags you collect. Share pictures online by tagging @kibiorg and #EveryLitterBit. Photos can also be submitted to email@example.com.
- Properly dispose of your trash in a waste receptacle.
- Wash your hands and your phone!
*Indiana's Stay-At-Home order does not prevent you from going outside. However, please be safe for yourself and others. If you’re with other people or in a public space, follow safe, social distancing practices: work 6 feet away from another person unless they are a member of your household. Read this article from Johns Hopkins about the coronavirus lifespan on surfaces for more information.
- The person who collects the most bags of trash will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local Indy business of their choice. The next four people will each receive a $25 gift certificate to a local Indy business of their choice. (KIB is a public, nonprofit organization. Some limits may apply.)
- You must tag @kibiorg and #EveryLitterBit for your submissions to be counted.
- You can pick up trash and submit your photos as many times as you’d like!
1 standard plastic grocery bag = 1 bag
1 regular kitchen bag = 5 bags
1 KIB/30 gallon bag = 11 bag
Share your Impact
- Post pictures online of how many bags you clean up and tag @kibiorg + #EveryLitterBit. (You must do this for a chance to win a local gift card.)
- Join the KIB Litterati Cleanup. Download the “Litterati” app from your app store, create an account, search for “Projects Nearby,” and join the Keep Indianapolis Beautiful cleanup. Share the litter you find!
- Adopt-A-Block Captains: Share your impact and volunteer hours through the Adopt-A-Block Litter Report.