Volunteer with us and help people and nature thrive!
- Individual Opportunities: Check out the Volunteer Project Calendar for lots of different volunteer experiences from planting trees, building pocket parks, and participating in a cleanup!
- Group Opportunities: You can easily sign your group up for weekend projects! Just use the pull-down menu on the sign-up form and choose the number of members in your group!
- Corporate Opportunities: You can coordinate a day of service with KIB or simply sign up to help with a weekend project! You can also encourage employee giving to KIB or match employee contributions.
- Young Professionals: Looking for a group of motivated, environmentally-focused young professionals such as yourself?Join our KIB young professionals group, SOLAR!
- Volunteer Newsletter: Interested in volunteering, but want to learn more about KIB first? Sign up for our volunteer newsletter and receive our monthly newsletters that include information on upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and more!
- Other Ongoing Opportunities: Looking for an internship? Do you have other skills that you think KIB could use? Check out our ongoing volunteer opportunities for other ways to volunteer including becoming an Adopt-A-Block captain, a Tree Tender, KIB Ambassador, or an intern!
What do KIB volunteers do?
KIB has many types of volunteer opportunities, perfect for school, work, family, or fun. Most take place on Saturday mornings from March through early June and September through November. Most Saturday projects begin at 9:00 a.m. and last anywhere from 3-5 hours. KIB projects are kid-friendly unless otherwise stated, so please plan to bring the kids! Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult. Here are just a few types of projects that need volunteers:
- Planting trees along residential streets and parks
- Beautification and revitalization of communities through planting trees, shrubs and perennials
- Turning vacant lots into pocket parks
- Cleaning up litter in neighborhoods, parks and waterways
- Creating outdoor classrooms on the grounds of local schools
- Some weekday projects for groups or individuals are also available!