INDIANAPOLIS – (July 29, 2010) The Indianapolis Foundation, a Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF) affiliate has awarded Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) with a $50,000 grant. The money was awarded to KIB to support efforts to leverage volunteers to transform disadvantaged neighborhoods in Indianapolis. The money awarded through this grant will help KIB fund the neighborhood and environmental improvement projects around Marion County.
KIB is a grassroots nonprofit organization that engages in over 500 community and environmental improvement projects each year. The span of KIB’s programs reaches over 45,000 volunteers each year who plant trees, enhance greenspaces, cleanup litter and provide environmental education to city youth.
The variety of programs at KIB has earned respect from volunteers looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities that add value to neighborhoods throughout Indianapolis. Funds from The Indianapolis Foundation, a CICF affiliate will allow KIB to reach out and engage volunteers to enhance areas of need in the city, helping to create a healthier environment for businesses, residents and visitors.
About Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, the nation’s largest community improvement network. The mission of Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. is to unite people to build community and transform public spaces through aesthetic and environmental improvement. To learn more, please visit www.kibi.org.
About The Indianapolis Foundation, a CICF affiliate
CICF is a $550 million public foundation transforming central Indiana in three ways: by supporting donors, family foundations and their professional advisors on charitable giving; awarding grants to effective not-for-profit organizations; and providing leadership to address community needs and seize opportunities. CICF was established in 1997 as a partnership between The Indianapolis Foundation, serving Marion County since 1916, and Legacy Fund, serving Hamilton County since 1991.