Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
Organization Overview: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. unites people to build community and transform public spaces through aesthetic and environmental improvement.
The Vice President of Development (VPD) serves as chief development officer, providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the management of fundraising and public relations. The VPD serves on KIB’s senior management team and works closely with its board of directors and staff to implement comprehensive resource development and public relations/marketing initiatives that support KIB’s mission. The VPD impacts KIB’s ability to attract new donors and engage current donors in a meaningful manner. The VPD is responsible for enhancing KIB’s ability to identify, establish, create and maintain strong relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations.
The VPD supervises two development professionals, and a PR professional, working closely with KIB’s volunteer coordinator and KIB’s Business Manager, and reports directly to the President.
• Lead and engage a people-centered KIB team, innovating to maximize each person’s potential
• Design, implement, and manage an annual comprehensive development plan aligned with KIB’s mission, vision, and goals
• Manage the daily operations, including budget development and supervision of the department
• Engage president, as needed, to develop corporate, foundation and individual stakeholders for the mission of KIB
• Work closely with the board of directors to engage them in attracting, cultivating, securing and stewarding donors, with the goal of expanding funding relationships
• Oversee PR strategy and tactics, working with staff and the Board’s PR Committee
• Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques in individual, corporate, and foundation fundraising
• Motivation and discipline to set, track and achieve goals for self and team
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
Record of Success
• Demonstrated record of success in generating major gifts (five-figure gifts and greater) from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Demonstrated record of success in managing an annual campaign
• Proven record of successful management of department team and activities
• Demonstrated experience developing constructive relationships with colleagues, board members and donors
• A bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in fundraising
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in fundraising
• Passionate about KIB’s mission
• Manager and thought leader
• Strategic, systematic, highly motivated, fun-loving
• Enjoys fundraising and it’s obvious!
• Team-oriented; embraces affectionate professional relationships that lead to individual and team success/growth
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 7th at 5:00 p.m.
To Apply: E-mail a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Laura Sedberry firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.