Job Title: Program Vice President
Application Deadline: January 14, 2013
Full-/Part-Time: Full-Time-Flexible Schedule including Saturdays
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Purpose: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) seeks a Program Vice President to integrate into their executive team who is both a collaborative/creative department manager and a strategic leader. The Program Vice President will work closely with all program staff, managing program integration, content, and human resources.
About Keep Indianapolis Beautiful: Engaging diverse communities to create vibrant public places, helping people and nature thrive, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) has a proven 30-year track record of partnerships with neighborhoods, the public sector, local philanthropists, and corporations. Each year KIB supports an average of 500 community improvement projects around Marion County, accomplished with more than 25,000 volunteers. Since 2006, KIB has helped volunteers to plant more than 30,000 trees and hundreds of thousands of shrubs and perennials, and established many successful pocket parks and outdoor classrooms. Learn more about our programs here:www.kibi.org/programs.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Management of programs and projects.
- Monitor and maintain strategic direction and quality of all programs.
- Assist in development of annual budget for programs and allocation of budget amongst projects.
- Provide development staff with tools necessary to successfully fundraise for programs and projects.
- Represent KIB with key program partners, including city government, community development, and academic community.
- Work with the business director to determine program capital needs and develop a long-term budget necessary to meet those needs.
- When necessary, assist program staff with project implementation.
Management of program staff.
- Review and align staffing structures to meet strategic objectives.
- Develop annual goals for programs and departments, work with individual staff to develop their individual annual goals.
- Develop and maintain personal development plans for each program staff member.
- Provide consistent and regular personal development communication to staff.
- Oversee orientation of new employees and interns.
Integration of activities across programs.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of activities in all KIB programs and look for opportunities to leverage activities for efficient results.
- Develop and document processes for reviewing program applications and working with the community, look for opportunities to streamline and increase efficiency.
- Liaison with the academic community on research opportunities with KIB.
- Attend KIB board and executive meetings to report the strategic direction of the organization.
- Fulfill KIB public speaking opportunities as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Comfortable working in a team framework and trusting of teammates
- Proficient at Microsoft Office
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Process-oriented with an attention to streamlining and eliminating redundancies
- Experience managing a diverse group of people, including the ability to get everyone on the same page and dynamically move forward
- A team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done
- Desire to get your hands dirty at a project when necessary
Education and/or equivalent experience: Bachelor’s degree or related education, plus six years of work experience, two years of which in a position managing six or more staff.
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Abby Dennis at email@example.com by January 14th, 2013. No phone calls please.