Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) seeks a highly motivated, personable and organized individual to join our fast-paced, community greening organization as Office Manager/Executive Assistant. This position is a dual role managing the operations of the office as well as assisting the president of the organization in scheduling and organization. This person must have initiative, energy and dependability around a diverse range of tasks. Your unofficial title will be Manager of First Impressions, as you will be trusted to serve as our first point of contact with partners, friends, donors and visitors coming to KIB. We are looking for someone who is excited about joining our team, and representing us with professionalism. The right candidate is excited about our work in Indianapolis, and may even have the ability to take on additional responsibilities, based on skills and interest. In your application, tell us why you think you would love working with us here at Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, and why you would make it an even better place to work!
Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Application Deadline: June 1, 2012
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Manage front office activities of KIB, including:
- Serve as the first face/voice met by KIB constituents, greeting folks in a friendly and helpful manner, according to KIB’s brand.
- Man the front desk during office hours, 9am-5pm, accepting deliveries as needed.
- Assist public in person or over the phone about various KIB activities.
- Assist public with pickup of AAB and GIC supplies.
- Oversee orientation of new employees and interns.
- Maintain a schedule of interns in office and determine where they sit.
- Manage cell phone plans and service.
- Oversee building tours.
- Oversee conference room rentals (including maintaining listing of rentals, executing contracts and collecting fees).
- Proactively monitor office supply usage, order new supplies as needed and keep supplies stocked, neat and easily accessible.
- Maintain presentable front office, conference room and break room space
- Manage computer inventory by maintaining up to date listing of computers and software.
- Manage staff meeting agenda and take notes.
- Manage relationship with cleaning company and order cleaning supplies and paper supplies as needed.
- Update building access with alarm company as needed and maintain list of security codes.
- Relay IT needs to IT company. Update individual and group emails as needed.
- Distribute mail
- Order lunches for meetings as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous special projects or research efforts as assigned.
Manage, track and market trash box and recycle bin program.
- Monitor trash box and recycle bin inventory.
- Collect recycle bin sign up forms.
- Collect payments for trash boxes and bins.
- Manage corporate sponsor relationship in association with Development.
- Actively market program and seek additional opportunities to market.
- Monthly reports to VP of Programs for City report tracking
Serve as executive assistant to President.
- Schedule meetings as needed, including arranging for location, preparing any materials
- Enter notes as needed into fundraising software.
- Assist with tracking PR and speaking engagements.
- Type up notes from meetings & conferences, organize in folders.
- Manage calendar, organize travel arrangements, assist with correspondence, phone calls
Serve in a support capacity to Development Department.
- Serve as KIB board liaison, sending regular email digest to board regarding volunteer opportunities, funding updates, etc.
- Setting up meetings with individual board members.
- Collecting board participation in development activities and recording.
- Training in Gift and thank you letter processing, using Sage Fundraising 50 database.
- Maintaining PCI compliance with credit card transactions
Assist other program staff as needed, including:
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with thank-yous as needed.
- Assist Business Director with bill payments and filing.
- Assist program staff with mailings.
Assist board members with their KIB engagement:
- Prepare board and executive committee meeting agendas; accumulating all necessary information to send to board members and deliver in timely fashion.
- Take minutes at executive & board meetings.
- Maintain board committee list.
- Communicate with committee chairs about board participation in committee meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to maintain confidential donor/gift information with discretion.
• Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented. Able to work independently with little oversight.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with varying deadlines at once.
• Proficient at Microsoft Office
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
• Are excited about working at a small, dynamic nonprofit organization with other smart, motivated people where your hard work has a real impact on the success of the organization – and is both noticed and rewarded.
• Are a real people person. You are comfortable greeting visitors, making our neighborhood partners feel welcome, and helping your fellow employees take care of meeting program demands.
• Are detail-oriented. You can’t live without making lists and taking notes about all the things you need to accomplish each day.
• Are a team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
• Are motivated to learn new skills and expand the scope of your responsibilities.
• Are proactive, high-energy, and reliable.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
Bachelor’s degree or related education, plus four years of work experience, two years of which were in an executive assistant or office manager position.
How to apply:
Application Deadline: June 1, 2012
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.