Job Title: Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Salary: $32,000, plus health, dental & vision insurance (company pays 100% of employee coverage), life insurance, long-term disability insurance and 403b match of 3%
Purpose: To manage general operations across the office and to assist the President of Keep Indianapolis Beautiful (KIB) in the areas of scheduling and organization.
Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage front office activities of KIB, including:
- Serve as the first face/voice met by KIB constituents, greeting visitors in a friendly and helpful manner, according to KIB’s brand.
- Staff the front desk during office hours, 8:30am-5pm, accepting deliveries as needed.
- Assist in-person or phone inquiries about various KIB activities, recycling, etc.
- Assist with pickup of Adopt-A-Block and Great Indy Cleanup supplies.
- Schedule orientation of new employees and interns.
- Maintain a schedule of interns in office and determine where they sit.
- Manage cell phone plans and service.
- Oversee building tours.
- Oversee conference room rentals (including maintaining listing of rentals, executing contracts and collecting fees).
- Proactively monitor office supply usage, order new supplies as needed and keep supplies stocked, neat and easily accessible.
- Maintain presentable front office, conference room and break room space.
- Maintain conference equipment, printer and postage meter.
- Manage computer inventory by maintaining up to date listing of computers and software.
- Manage staff meeting agendas and take notes.
- Manage the cleaning company relationship and order required supplies as needed.
- Manage building access with alarm company and maintain security information.
- Update cleaning service and neighbors with relevant building info and special events.
- Manage communication with IT and printer providers, troubleshooting problems as needed.
- Relay IT needs to IT company. Update individual and group emails as needed.
- Distribute mail and coordinate outgoing shipments as needed.
- Assist program staff with mailings, as needed.
- Assist staff in preparing for meetings (including room set up, technology, and refreshments), as needed.
- Serve as executive assistant to President.
- Assist president in managing calendar, scheduling appointments and task list prioritization and completion.
- Assist president with e-mail correspondence, phone calls and written correspondence.
- Assist in preparation for meetings and presentations, including preparing PowerPoint presentations and gathering any necessary promotional materials.
- Organize conference travel plans.
- Record meeting notes into fundraising software.
- Assist with tracking PR and speaking engagements.
- Manage, track and market the trash box and recycle bin programs.
- Monitor trash box and recycle bin inventory.
- Collect recycle bin sign up forms.
- Collect payments for trash boxes and bins.
- Actively promote programs and seek additional opportunities to market.
- Report monthly activity to VP of Programs for City report tracking.
- Assist Board members with their KIB engagement.
- Prepare Board and Executive Committee meeting agendas, accumulating all necessary information to send to members and deliver in a timely fashion.
- Take minutes at Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Maintain the Board document library, including contact lists and committee notes.
- Communicate with committee chairs about Board participation in committee meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with discretion.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with varying deadlines at once.
- Comfortable with IT, PC and AV equipment trouble-shooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Excited about working at a dynamic nonprofit organization with other smart, motivated people where your hard work has a real impact on the success of the organization – and is both noticed and rewarded.
- A real people person. You are comfortable greeting visitors, making our neighborhood partners feel welcome and helping your fellow employees take care of meeting program demands.
- Detail-oriented. You can’t live without making lists and taking notes about all the things you need to accomplish each day.
- A team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
- Motivated to learn new skills and expand the scope of your responsibilities.
- Proactive, high-energy and reliable.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
Bachelor’s degree or related education, plus four years of work experience, two years of which were in an Executive Assistant or Office Manager position.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Jenny Skehan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is January 31, 2014.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. KIB is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.