Job Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Full-/Part-Time: Full-time (40 hrs./week)
- Help Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) in developing sustainable community projects that will enhance the environment and the aesthetics of our city’s neighborhoods.
- Connect the community to KIB programs that will enhance public spaces, catalyze community pride, empower residents, and build relationships between one another and the natural world, and to nurture emerging leaders through this process of engagement.
- Work closely with KIB program staff to deepen community relationships, strengthen ongoing multi-year neighborhood connections, and educate neighborhood volunteers on best practices for long-term success of outdoor community projects.
Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with all KIB programs under the supervision of the Director of Community Engagement to ensure projects are sustainable, cared for and that they build community. The Coordinator will meet with neighborhood groups and community organizations to identify projects and build a strategy to achieve those goals through potential KIB support. The position will provide leadership to project partners for IPL Project GreenSpace in a three-year strategy that includes early engagement, design and implementation, and long-term maintenance and sustainability. The Coordinator will work with KIB’s Community Forestry Department on building a stronger tree culture in the City through education and plantings. The Coordinator will assist with ongoing management of the Adopt-A-Block program, its events and sub-programs (Citizens WIN and Graffiti Free Indy). The Coordinator will recruit new Adopt-A-Block coordinators and identify and help plan potential Great Indy Cleanup projects with neighborhoods. The Coordinator will work with one KIB Club School to build engagement to achieve that school’s goals. The Community Engagement Department often assists and supports special contracts as well, and will be responsible for completing projects for those contracts.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
- Excited about working at a small, dynamic non-profit organization.
- Team player who will pitch in and help do what it takes to get a job done.
- Motivated to learn new skills and expand the scope of your responsibilities.
- Is Detail-oriented, flexible, highly organized and able to multi-task. Is interested to work outside and is professionalism. Has initiative and confidence, ease with working with many different types of people, strong ability to recall names and personal facts and a natural ease in new situations.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office.
- GIS understanding or ability to work with ArcGIS.
- Experience with basic website development, or ability to learn program.
Education and/or equivalent experience:
Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of appropriate experience, Spanish language skills are a plus. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: Please include Salary Requirements.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Abby Dennis at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is February 3, 2014.
Keep Indianapolis Beautiful is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. KIB is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.