FREE HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT
Sign up for a FREE Home Energy Assessment by ENERGIZING INDIANA, and for each completed Home Energy Assessment, KIB receives $25!
A Home Energy Assessment from Energizing Indiana is a smart approach to improve the comfort of your home. An assessment can help raise your home’s performance, lower energy consumption, improve in-home air quality and increase your home’s value.
What is included in your Home Energy Assessment?
Energy Advisors will guide you step by step through the process to produce long-term, cost-effective energy savings by analyzing your energy use, recommending appropriate efficiency measures and by installing several low-cost energy-saving measures. We will also assess the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems in your home to determine if they are operating efficiently. We also may inspect your home’s air duct sealing, insulation levels and more to evaluate your home’s energy consumption and heating and cooling efficiency.
The Home Energy Assessment may include energy saving measures such as:
- Replacing traditional incandescent bulbs with efficient CFLs (limit 9)
- Installing low-flow faucet aerators (limit 3)
- Installing low-flow shower heads (limit 2)
- Wrapping/Insulating the water heater (on electric heaters only)
Once your home’s energy assessment is complete, you will receive a report detailing what can be done to start saving energy and make your home more comfortable. Many times a Home Energy Assessment reveals that only simple and relatively low-cost improvements are necessary to achieve significant energy savings.
You qualify for a Home Energy Assessment if:
- Your electric utility provider is Indianapolis Power & Light (IPL) or Duke Energy
- Your home is a Single-home dwelling, Duplex, Triplex, Quad, Mobile/Modular Home
- You have not had a utility-sponsored energy assessment within the past 3 years
- Your home is 10 years of age or older
There is NO COST for the Home Assessment & KIB will receive a $25 donation
Energizing Indiana programs are funded by utility rates and there are no additional fees or required purchases to participate.