Engaging diverse communities to create vibrant public places, helping people and nature thrive, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. (KIB) has a proven 30-year track record of partnerships with neighborhoods, the public sector, and corporations. Each year KIB supports an average of 500 community improvement projects around Marion County, accomplished with more than 25,000 volunteers. Since 2006, KIB has helped volunteers to plant more than 30,000 trees, hundreds of thousands of shrubs and perennials, and establish many successful pocket parks and outdoor classrooms.
Job Title: Individual Giving/Annual Fund Manager
Salary: Not disclosed
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• In concert with the VP of Development and other members of the development team, create and implement short and long term action plans for cultivating, soliciting, recognizing and stewarding individual donors and prospects, in support of both outright and deferred estate commitments.
• Responsible for identifying, cultivating and sustaining strong relationships with a diversity of individual donors. Ensure that critical information is available and communicated to appropriate team members in a timely and professional manner. Ensure that all donor information is maintained confidentially.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the development team, including staff, volunteer leadership and board members, to support the achievement of KIB’s strategic plan.
• With colleagues, identify annual campaign donors who are prospects for an upgraded gift and incorporate annual solicitations into individual and major gift solicitations.
• With other members of the development department, customize collateral support materials about programs activity as needed for use in securing financial support.
• Collaborate with development staff in the planning and coordination of special events, including tasks such as developing invitation lists, promoting attendance and completing subsequent solicitations.
• Ensure prospect and donor data is recorded appropriately in database.
• Assist annually with the preparation of the budgetary requirements and income projections for the following fiscal year.
• Suggest major gift prospects for President / VP of Development, and assist team in their work as needed, through participation in planning, cultivation, preparing ask materials, etc.
• Provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive relationship with all donors and internal KIB staff and board.
• Continue personal professional growth through participation in community organizations, philanthropic associations, and professional conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A basic understanding of planned gift techniques – e.g., bequests, charitable gift annuities, and charitable remainder trusts.
• Evidence of ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Intelligent and articulate individual, who can relate in a collegial manner with diverse individuals from across our community
• Mature individual with appreciation and respect for the confidentiality of highly personal information.
• Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Proficiency and ability to learn and utilize various types of computer based software (Fundraising 50/SAGE, Excel, Word)
• Driven, outgoing self-starter who can work with minimal oversight and achieve team goals on a consistent basis.
Characteristics of a Strong Candidate:
• Demonstrated record of success in generating major gifts (four-figure gifts and greater) from individuals
• Demonstrated record of success in executing an annual campaign
• Demonstrated experience developing constructive relationships with colleagues, board members and donors
• Passionate about KIB’s mission
• Enjoys fundraising and it’s obvious!
Education and/or equivalent experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Three to five years fundraising experience
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Abby Dennis at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is January 5, 2014.