2,012 TREES BY 2012
THE SUPER BOWL IS COMING IN LESS THAN YEAR!Don’t you want to be involved and create a lasting legacy for the city of Indianapolis?
As part of the Near Eastside Legacy Project, and in an effort to support the Near Eastside Quality of Life Plan, neighbors will plant 2,012 trees leading up to the Super Bowl XLVI in partnership with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful's NeighborWoods program and the John H. Boner Community Center.
Did you know the following facts about trees?
- Trees reduce the crime rate and make neighborhoods safer and more social
- There is up to 60% reduction in street level particulates with trees (clean air and water)
- Properly placed shade trees can save an average of $250 annually in energy costs
- Exposure to trees reduces mental fatigue
- Mature trees can increase property value up to 20%
If you are excited about planting trees, log on to 1st & Green Environmental Challenge and start keeping track of your tree planting now, join your neighbors and get involved!
WE HAVE BEEN HARD AT WORK
AND YOU CAN HELP US KEEP TRACK